UPDATE 06/07/2015: This plugin is no longer being maintained by the developer. It does not appear to work at later versions of WordPress/WPEC so you will need to find an alternative invoicing plugin.
Following on from our previous post on the WP e-Commerce PDF Invoice 1.2.3 plugin we recently installed version 220.127.116.11 on a client site. The reason for our upgrade to 18.104.22.168 is that 1.2.3 of the invoicing plugin does not work at WP e-Commerce version 22.214.171.124. Here are our early impressions of this latest version of the plugin.
WordPress Version: 3.4.1
WP e-Commerce: 126.96.36.199
WP e-Commerce PDF Invoice Version: 188.8.131.52.1
Plugin Author: http://www.split-moon.com/
PDF Invoices for WP e-Commerce 184.108.40.206.1
Installation and setup are basically the same so see our previous post for those details. There is one new Option avaialable in the settings that allows automatic sending of invoices to be restricted to paid orders.
The following changes in the latest version of the plugin have been found:
(1) Support for WordPress 3.4.1
(2) The invoice layout has been updated. The key update for us was the inclusion of unit pricing which means we don’t need to customise the invoice any more. SKU reporting is now included and it appears that the individual product level Tax reporting has been removed (although that might be dependent on whether Tax is turned on in your WPEC setup).
(3) The Footer Text input box now supports HTML. We tested it with basic HTML only – font resizing, line breaks, bold.
(4) On previous version we had an issue uploading a logo and having it appear on the invoice. This problem did not occur at this later version of the plugin.
(1) The subject line for the automatic customer emails includes the words ‘Tax Invoice’ but our client is not GST reistered at this time so we had to remove the word ‘Tax’.
(2) In the body of the customer email its says “Thank you for shopping at Split Moon!” not the shop/sites own name. This can be changed by editing the language file.
As in previous versions of the WP e-Commerce PDF Invoice plugin we disabled all automatic sending of invoices as our client manually sends personalised emails.